Wednesday 21 May 2014

Journey to Manhunt Singapore 2014 (Part 4)

It had been pretty quiet for my Manhunt journey the past few months and being caught up with work, family, conducting personal trainings and some random shoots every now and then, I sometimes forget that I'm still a contestant in Manhunt Singapore 2014.

So after the long wait, we were finally called for our very first studio photoshoot. Every contestant is given a one hour time slot, and that includes make up & styling. Yes you didn't read wrongly, the time has come for us to put on some powder on our faces!

I was scheduled to do my shoot on 12 May 2014 at 4pm. That's 2 days after the Quincy Hotel filming. This is the first time I hve to prepare my physique for back to back shoots and it was quite an experience. Not exactly knowing how to do it, I just had to trial and error. After all, if you never try, you'll never know right?


So arriving at 4pm, I was able to see the contestant before me in action. There was also a large TV screen showing all the photos taken earlier in the day.

As the photos for this shoot are not out yet, here are some of the behind the scene shots taken by our beloved Jon.

Make up & styling:




For this first studio shoot,our photographer, Richard Chen, wants all contestants to be shot in 3 styles.

1st Style
Attire: Manhunt Tank + Jeans
Concept: Personal/Freestyle

I was told to just be natural and get into different poses that I'm most comfortable with.

2nd Style
Attire: Jeans
Concept: Dark Forest

This was a really interesting concept because we were told to portray vulnerability & sadness in the shots but yet still looking classy and poise at the same time. The photos shown here do not have the effects of the lighting so please stay tuned for the actual ones that will be out soon.
Getting the effects tested before we start


3rd Style
Attire: Waveline Trunks
Concept: Samurai/Warrior

This is the one style that I had to most trouble with. Haven't done anything like this before, I must stay that this is really quite an experience. However, regardless of how to photos turned out to be, I'm glad that I have the opportunity to try different things. I still hope that the actual photos will turn out to be great!




So these are all the photos I have to share with you and also the experience that I've had. Feel free to share your thoughts about the shoot!

Till the next post, take care & God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment